The Admissions Office is under the overall control of the Registrar, the day-to-day management of the office is under the control of the Administrative manager, who has responsibility for the whole registration process for prospective students from initial enquiry all through their professional journey.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Head of Administration/Registrar
This job description reflects the core activities of the role and is subject to change as the department and the post holder develop. The School expects that the post holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. In addition, the post holder will be expected to undertake such other duties within the scope of the role as may be required by the line manager.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the center; this involves drafting lecture timetable, attending meetings, scheduling maintenance of the center equipment and computers, writing and reviewing contract
- Liaise with board members, ensure that company policies, procedures and board directives are implemented
- Achieves the center’s financial objectives by anticipating requirements, submitting information for budget preparation, scheduling expenditures, monitoring cost and analyzing variance
- Work with the Communications Manager to ensure that the website is as useful, helpful and user-friendly as possible for prospective students and ensure that all information is kept updated and current.
- Have responsibility for all generic mailings from the tuition center to students, employers etc, Check (and, where necessary, edit) all standard letters and fact sheets sent out from the school
- Provides communication system by identifying needs of the center, evaluating available options, maintaining equipment and approving invoices
- Responsible for managing relationship with students, and other partner bodies, maintain continuity among corporate division by documenting and communicating actions.
- Plan, monitor and coordinate tutors’ activities, enforcing systems, policies and procedures, provide reports and statistics when required
- Improving programs and service delivery by devising new applications process, updating procedures and evaluating system result
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, benchmarking professional standards and establishing network relevant to the growth of the institution
- High level of IT proficiency including substantial use of databases, Word (including mail merge), Excel, the internet and email
- General office administration
- Knowledge of customer services practices
- Project management experience
- Staff Management
- Budget and financial reporting experience
- 5years experience in Educational Administration
- Some knowledge of professional exams
- Marketing skills
- A pleasant, outgoing personality and excellent interpersonal skills
- A very high standard of personal presentation
- The ability to write original letters and reports (excellent levels of written English and grammar)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- An excellent telephone manner
- The ability to think and work quickly and calmly while under pressure
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org